Occupational Health Links
Baptist Health Occupational Medicine provides links to various occupational health websites for the benefit of our clients and staff.
New websites are being added to the Internet every day. If you would like an educational or governmental link added to this page, please contact us and we will be happy to list it here.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse and Testing
- Drug Free Workplace
Designed for drug free workplace professionals, this site includes information on medical review officers, drugs of abuse, specimen collection and links to related sites.
- National Clearinghouse for Alchohol and Drug Information
The world's largest resource for current information and materials concerning alcohol and substance abuse prevention, intervention, and treatment, the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI) is a service of the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, which is under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Ergonomics Resources Home Page
This site provides useful ergonomics information on typing injuries, voice recognition and other topics.
This site offers volumes of free, useful ergonomics information, as well as subscription access to a sophisticated set of ergonomic job evaluation, analysis, design and redesign software.
ErgoWorld offers information on office ergonomics, industrial ergonomics, injury prevention/treatment, human-computer interface usability, air and ground human factors and product design.
- UCLA Ergonomics
This Web site offers detailed information on setting up computer work stations to reduce RSI (repetitive strain injuries) among workers.
Federal and State Agencies
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Air Force Industrial Hygiene
- Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
- Department of Labor
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Kentucky Injury Prevention Center
- Kentucky Labor Cabinet Department of Workers Claims
- Kentucky Occupational Safety & Health Program
- Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA)
- Occupational Hearing Conservation Home Page
This site contains links to on-line resources in hearing conservation.
Material Safety Data Sheets
- Cornell University MSDS Database
This is a searchable database of some 325,000 MSDS files derived from the CD-ROM version of the U.S. Government Department of Defense MSDS database and a mirror of some of the information maintained at The Vermont SIRI Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) collection.
- University of Kentucky's List of MSDS Links
An excellent set of links to MSDS sites.
Occupational Health/General Sites
- NASA Occupational Health Program
This site offers links to a variety of specific topics in the section "OH Topics," including clinical care, ergonomics, hazard communication, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, skin cancer, smoking cessation and traveler health.
- Occupational and Environmental Resources on the Internet
Duke University list of Web sites, which provide useful information on occupational and environmental medicine.
This site features some 60 information categories that cover nearly all safety and health disciplines, a Safety and Health Message Board and a Safety Chat Room.
Professional Societies and Accreditation/Certification Boards
- Aerospace Medical Association
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- American Association of Medical Review Officers
- American Association of Occupational Health Nurses
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Medical Review Officer Certification Council
- Kentucky Safety & Health Network
- National Hearing Conservation Association